Tuesday 10 November 2015

Oral Presentation Reflection

On the 9th November 2015, my group and I had our first formal presentation for the trimester.  The task of the day is to present our proposed solution that we came up with. I feel very nervous because my last oral presentation was 2 years ago.This presentation is very special to me as this will be my first time doing a presentation without any cue card.

I was feeling excited for the presentation as I will be sharing our solution to the class.I knew that it will be a fun and exciting experience as we will be answering questions from the class during the question and answer section. I feel that the questions from the class can definitely help us understand the flaws of the solution and make improvement on it.

I tried my best during the presentation and it went pass so quickly. My peers feedback to me that I was speaking so fast when I am presenting to them. I realise my mistake and I should have slow down my pace so that the audience can understand the content that I am sharing with them. During  the presentation, I also forgotten what I wanted to say during the slides and I decided to take a look at my phone to remember what I wanted to present. Lucky for me, I manage to get back on track to finish the presentation. I was very happy that the presentation slides were well received by the class because the team and I spent a lot of effort and time on it.

I was glad the presentation is over. From all the feedbacks I got from my peers, I will learnt from my mistakes and improve for my presentation in the future.  

“learn, unlearn and relearn” Eff Com - Group Picture.JPG

4 comments:

  1. well presentation! good job jason. your group project is very interesting and innovative. I hope to see your idea being introduction to the related government sector.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jason, for the reflection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jason, I am really proud of you as you did a great presentation as compared to the first trial run. Despite receiving negative feedback from our peers, you did not give up. In fact, you put in more effort than us. You took the initiative to organize practice session after school as you felt that your presentation will affect the team's grade. I am glad that we made it through as a team. Through this assignment, other than learning presentation and writing skills, I have learnt something from you too! I have learnt to accept negative feedback and work towards it. Continue to have this fighting spirit!

    “You want to be extra rigorous about making the best possible thing you can. Find everything that’s wrong with it and fix it. Seek negative feedback, particularly from friends.”
    — Elon Musk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can feel your excitement days before the presentation. I believe you are too nervous about this presentation. My advice is to spend more time to prepare and remember to relax. I'm sure your next presentation will be great.

    ReplyDelete